Buying your first home can be a very stressful time. Often you can lose track of all the small tasks you need to perform and all the things you want to get out of your new home. Here is a checklist of a few things that are important when buying a new home.
- Get a copy of your credit rating- There are numerous places on the web to obtain a free copy of your credit report. Make sure all of your credit is in order before contacting lending agencies.
- Decide on a price range-A Realtor can help you decide how much house you can afford. Try to decide how much you can put towards your home on a monthly basis.
- Find a Realtor or real estate agent- This person is an invaluable resource when it comes to buying a home.
- Find an area to start looking- Try to narrow down a few neighborhoods you might want to live in so your agent can start finding homes in that area.
- Get pre-approved- Many agencies can start the preliminary mortgage process by pre-approving you for a mortgage.
- Decide what type of home you need- Think about what you will need in your new home. Do you need 3 bedrooms or 4? Do you want a large yard? Do you need a garage?
Remember these few items and you will be well on your way to your first home.